Wednesday, April 20
The 2016 Elections: Implications for Business
Charlie Cook, editor and publisher, Cook Political Report, and political analyst for National Journal Group
- There are no slides for this session.
Is Temporary Staffing Bad for Workers? A Regulator’s View
David Weil, Ph.D., administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor
- One slide per page (PDF 2 MB)
- Three slides per page with note-taking lines (PDF 734 KB)
- ASA Issue Paper: “Why the Government Is Coming After Your Clients” by Ed Lenz
You Be the Judge—Top Staffing Cases From 2015–16
When Bad Things Happen to Good People—Effective Strategies for Handling Workplace Issues, Conducting Workplace Investigations With Clients, and Addressing the Media
Joel A. Klarreich, Esq., partner, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
Andrew W. Singer, Esq., partner, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
Jeanne Meserve, director of training, The Communication Center
Thursday, April 21
ACA—What Staffing Firms Need to Know Now
Edward A. Lenz, Esq., senior counsel, American Staffing Association
Alden J. Bianchi, Esq., member, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo PC
James A. Essey, CSP, president and CEO, The TemPositions Group of Cos.
- One slide per page (PDF 4 MB)
- Three slides per page with note-taking lines (PDF 850 KB)
- Special Report on the Affordable Care Act
All in the Family—Complying With State and Local Paid Leave Laws
Avoiding Costly Lawsuits—Is Arbitration the Answer?
Thank you for participating in this year’s conference.
Save the date for the 2017 ASA Staffing Law Conference, May 11-12 in Washington, DC.