To determine the feasibility of an ASA-sponsored plan, ASA has engaged Marsh & McLennan, a national benefit and risk consulting firm, to conduct a health insurance study. ASA strongly urges your company to participate in this study, which closes on March 1. There is no cost or further obligation on your part.
Note: If you were unable to attend the Feb. 5 webinar on this topic or would like to review the presentation, you may access the recording here. You may also click below for additional background information on this study.
Background Information—ASA Health Insurance Study
As discussed in this ASA webinar, health insurance has been a challenge for staffing companies, particularly since the Affordable Care Act was enacted in 2010. Many companies have struggled under the law’s complex rules to find compliant and affordable major medical coverage for their employees.
Regulations recently proposed by the U.S. Department of Labor could offer a solution by allowing small to midsized employers to combine into a single large group through associations like ASA. Large groups enjoy flexibility in benefit design and more flexible rating rules, which could mean benefits that better meet the needs of staffing company employees.
ASA has engaged with Marsh & McLennan, a national benefit and risk consulting firm, to look at the possibility of building an association health insurance plan, or captive insurance program, that would harness the collective purchasing power of ASA to buy more cost-effective major medical health insurance for staffing firm employees—both internal corporate staff and temporary and contract employees.
Marsh also will work with the association’s insurance partner and other suppliers to ensure that members can keep their current providers, including voluntary and other non-major medical products.
To participate in the study, you must provide Marsh with health insurance data relating to your major medical plans. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Per these instructions, first contact Becky Bennion (email@example.com) to obtain access to Marsh & McLennan’s secure file transfer site. Then, follow the instructions to upload the following completed documents and information.
- Business Associate Agreement (click to see agreement)
- Census File (click to see file)
- Name of payroll/HRIS/benefit administration platforms
- Policy documents and experience—there are two options for providing this data:
- Option 1—Follow the above instructions to upload the following documents to Marsh & McLennan’s secure file transfer site.
- Benefit summaries for all plans (major medical only)
- Policy contracts or administrative (TPA) agreements, if available
- Most recent invoices
- For plans with more than 100 enrolled subscribers:
- Claims experience—36 months of premium/claims/enrollment data (by plan)
- Large loss report—claims over $50,000 for previous 24 months
- Option 2—In addition to the Business Associate Agreement and Census File, sign this Letter of Authorization, which allows Marsh to reach out on your behalf to obtain policy documents and plan experience.
For questions regarding this process or the information required, contact Becky Bennion at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-587-2350.