Frequently Asked Questions about ASA Certification
How to Earn American Staffing Association Certification
- Decide which ASA credential is the best fit for you and your career.
- Purchase the study materials online from the ASA Store.
- Study at your own pace and take the online practice exam as many times as you need until you feel comfortable with the information.
- Take the online exam when you're ready—within one year from the date of purchasing the certification package.
- Before your certification expires in three years, earn 30 continuing education hours and submit your renewal application and fee.
Visit the ASA Online Store to view the cost of each program.
ASA does offer bulk discounts on orders of 10 or more. Please send an email to email@example.com and a member of the ASA education team will be in touch to discuss these options.
You can retake the exam as many times as necessary, but yes, there is a cost to do so. View the costs and re-purchase the exam at the ASA Store.
Study Tips and Exam Instructions
You can take the online practice exam as many times as you would like until you take your actual exam, up to one year from the date of purchasing your certification exam package..If you fail the practice exam, it will reset itself automatically. If you pass the practice exam but still want to take it again, email firstname.lastname@example.org, to request a reset of the exam.
When you ordered your study materials (or purchased access to the online exam only), you received an exam instruction sheet, which includes an exam ID, password, and website address (URL) to access your exam.If you have misplaced the exam instruction sheet, email email@example.com.
Already Certified? Earning and Managing Continuing Education Hours
CE hours are based on the actual instructional time of a program.
Example 1: Participate in a live webinar that is one hour long. You will earn one hour of active CE.
Example 2: You are listening to a two-hour recording of a webinar or recorded presentation. You will earn two hours of passive CE credit.
Example 3: You attend an in-person one-hour workshop on an employment law topic. You earn one hour of legal CE.
- Use the online CE submission form to submit earned hours to ASA.
- It may take up to three business days for submitted and approved CE hours to appear in your CE summary.
Registered attendees who are ASA-certified and view the entire webinar will automatically see the earned CE hour added to their online CE status within three business days. You no longer need to submit earned hours from attending live ASA webinars on the CE submission form. You must still submit your earned CE hours from any ASA On-Demand recordings and previous live webinars attended.
View your CE summary on ASA Central.
Use the CE submission form to submit missing hours to ASA.
No. Your submitted CE hours will apply to all credentials.
Renewing Your Credential
- Check your CE summary to make sure ASA has your 30 CE hours on file.
- Submit your renewal fee online.
- Once processed, ASA will send you an email that will include your next renewal deadline.
You will need to retake the CSP, TSC, CSC, CHP exam to maintain your credential.
No, you will not receive another certificate. The certificate that you were issued upon passing the exam does not have an expiration date on it.