A panel of diverse communications experts judge the entries, and winners are announced publicly at Staffing World. Award-winning entries are displayed at Staffing World and featured in Staffing Today, ASA’s daily e-newsletter; Staffing Success, ASA’s bimonthly magazine; and in the Staffing World onsite program. The association also promotes the winners via a news release distributed to the media, social media, and americanstaffing.net. Recognized staffing firms can promote their Staffing VOICE Awards by labeling their websites, marketing collateral, and other materials with a special award winner graphic.
Any communications concept designed and marketed, or publication issued, since July 1, 2014, is eligible.
The competition is open only to the headquarters of active ASA members. Members that own more than one staffing company may submit entries for each company marketed under a separate name that has its own marketing budget and program.
All entries must be received with payment by July 1, 2015. The fee is $75 for each entry submitted.
Two entries may be submitted per category in the following categories.
- Direct Mail: Single piece or unified campaign
- Company Identification: Programs or campaigns that create or improve awareness of the company’s name, logo, trademark, or corporate image
- Company Website: Company website or blog; all entries will be reviewed online
- Media Relations Campaign: Activity involving the news media to enhance a company’s or the staffing industry’s public image
- Company Website
- Social Media Campaign: Campaigns on social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, etc.
- Company Publication: Newsletters, magazines, directories, training materials, annual reports, etc.
- Specialty Advertising: Billboards, posters, trade shows, novelties, giveaways, apparel, etc.
- Television and Radio Advertising
- Single ad or unified campaign
- Print and Website Advertising: Newspaper and magazine advertising, banner ads, pop-ups, etc.
Entries will compete in one of four award classes:
- Staffing firm with less than $7.5 million in annual sales
- Staffing firm with $7.5–$25 million in annual sales
- Staffing firm with $25–$100 million in annual sales
- Staffing firm with more than $100 million in annual sales
- A submitted online entry form including payment and attachments of entry’s marketing statement, digital photos, and scan of entry materials.
- A marketing statement, printed on company letterhead, must be affixed to the front of each entry. The following information must be included in each statement to be considered:
a. Brief company description or boilerplate language
b. Target audience
c. Objectives of campaign
d. Action plan of campaign
e. Outcome of campaign (specific outcomes or metrics must be provided)
f. Entry description (30 words or less) suitable for reprint in ASA publications
The marketing statement should be mounted on the front of a black foam core display board (20 x 30 inches only), and a category label must be mounted on the back of the board. Please affix prints, photos, or copies of the concept on your display board; all materials that make up the entry should be firmly affixed to the display board. ASA reserves the right to disqualify any oversized, heavy, or bulky entries. Each entry is limited to one display board. Submit a quality board as it will be reviewed as part of the judging process.
- A company may submit only two entries per category. The same entry may be submitted in multiple categories, but a new board must be submitted for each category.
- Attachments of the entry’s marketing statement, as well as digital photos and scans of entry materials, must be included in the online entry form. These items may be used in ASA publications. Entries without good-quality digital photos and scans of entry materials will be disqualified.
- Entries for website advertising, social media, and company website will be judged online, but a display board also must be submitted in these categories. Screen shots and graphics must be mounted for display purposes.
- Storyboards for multimedia and TV entries, and scripts for radio entries, must be mounted for display purposes.
- For multimedia and TV submissions, entries also should be provided in standard DVD format (company name and approximate running time should be clearly labeled), or can be provided via a link to an online source (e.g., YouTube video) for viewing.
- All entries should include real results of the individual campaign (e.g., success metrics).
- Special consideration will be given to campaigns that include ASA member logos.
- All entries become property of ASA and will not be returned.
- Display boards should be mailed to the attention of:
Public Relations Team
American Staffing Association
277 S. Washington St., Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
Experts in the fields of communications and graphic design will judge the entries on the basis of general appeal and overall quality (including display boards); content and message; originality of approach; statement of objectives; and final results.
Judges will award winning entries in individual classes and categories. Honorable mentions may also be bestowed.
A Crystal VOICE award will be conferred to the best entry in each class. The awards will be displayed at Staffing World 2015 on Oct. 27–29, in Nashville, TN, and winning entries will be featured in Staffing Success magazine, the onsite Staffing World program, on americanstaffing.net, and via social media.
The judges may transfer an entry from the category in which it was entered to a more appropriate category upon their discretion.
Judges may also elect not to issue awards if no entry in an individual category merits recognition, or if no entry in a class division qualifies for the best-entry-in-class honor.