New Editions of Co-Employment and Employment Law Books and Updated Exam Packages to Be Released in August
The American Staffing Association will offer new editions of two legal publications for staffing professionals—Co-Employment: Employer Liability Issues in Third-Party Staffing Arrangements and Employment Law for Staffing Professionals—in early August. ASA also will offer updated exam packages for Certified Staffing Professional® and Technical Services CertifiedSM certifications during the same timeframe.
The books and exam packages can be preordered now, and all prices include free shipping within the continental U.S. The two legal publications will be available as both ebooks and print textbooks.
The updated exam packages will include
- New editions of Co-Employment and Employment Law for Staffing Professionals
- Updated federal and state workbooks and exam questions
- New, video-based study tool
The revised legal books will include
- Analysis of the Affordable Care Act
- Extensive discussion of each state’s law in the rapidly evolving area of fair employment practices, including new protections against discrimination based on gender identity, pregnancy, and medical marijuana use
- Explanation of the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s new record-keeping requirements, its temporary worker safety initiative, and the hazard communication standard
- Updated discussion of the distinctions between independent contractors and employees
- Analysis of the H-1B visa for foreign workers in specialty occupations
- Updated compendium of model contracts, forms, policies, and other materials designed to help staffing firms comply with their employment law obligations and reduce their risk of liability
- Specific information aimed at health care staffing professionals
Learn more and preorder the materials at americanstaffing.net.
About the American Staffing Association
The American Staffing Association is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry. ASA and its state affiliates advance the interests of the industry across all sectors through advocacy, research, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical, and professional practices. For more information about ASA, visit americanstaffing.net.