Sorry, the content you’ve selected is for members only. If you are interested in registering for this webinar please email Paula Zdanowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASA webinars are $295 for nonmembers.
Maybe it’s time to join! Or if you’re already a member, please log in.
DOL’s Final Overtime Rule: What Staffing Firms Need to Know
May 24, 3:15—4:15 p.m. Eastern time
On May 18, the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, announced the final changes to the regulations that govern the “White Collar” overtime exemptions. The final rule:
- Sets the minimum salary level for exemption at $47,476 ($913/week) and the salary level for the highly compensated test at $134,004;
- Provides for automatic increases in the salary levels after three years (beginning Jan. 1, 2020), indexed to the 40th percentile of full time salary workers in the lowest wage Census region (currently the South region);
- Allows employers to count any bonuses paid on at least a quarterly basis toward 10% of the minimum salary level;
- Did not revise the duties test; and
- Set an implementation date of December 1, 2016, providing nearly 200 days for employers to be in compliance with the new requirements.
This webinar will provide detailed guidance on the regulations and practical steps on how employers can respond to these changes.