Be more competitive. Promote growth.
The Staffing Operations Benchmarking Survey is based on peer input from staffing companies of varying sizes from across the United States. With more than 120 benchmarks for temporary and contract staffing and direct hire search and placement services, this analysis provides an up-to-date collection of indispensable data that empowers decision-making in our ever-changing industry.
All ASA member staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions companies are encouraged to participate in this survey, which will be released in 2023. One representative from your staffing company should register and input your data. Survey participants will receive early access to a discounted, personalized version of the final reporting.
Register now, or learn more below.
Survey Participants Get:
- Advance access, at a discount. Survey participants will receive early access to their personalized version of the final reporting upon release in 2023. This report will be made available to non-participants at a later date at an increased cost.
- Strength in numbers. Strong participation in the survey will result in generating some of the most accurate, comprehensive, and representative collection of industry data available.
- Learn how your company compares to your peers. Your personalized report provides valuable context—clearly showing your company’s position among your peers on these data.
General Company Information—a profile of participating staffing companies including services offered, sectors served, geographic scope, and corporate employee turnover with sales/recruiting breakout.
Financials—A summary of gross sales; payroll, office operations, and advertising/marketing expenses; net profit; and MSP/VMS percentage of sales.
Temporary and Contract Staffing Statistics
- Hours billed, paychecks issued, forms W-2, and turnover
- Temp-to-hire conversions and fees
- Sales, cost of labor, and gross margin
- Benefits offered
- Applications received, background checks, and drug screenings
- Average time to fill orders and order fill rate
- Workers' compensation and unemployment insurance
Direct Hire/Search and Placement Statistics
- Gross sales and average placement fee
- Resumes received, searches, and placements
- Interviews, submittals, and send outs
- Average time to fill orders, fill rate, and fallout placements
ASA has partnered with Dynamic Benchmarking to collect the data anonymously so we can share all we gather and learn. All participants will be directed to register at their data portal prior to getting started.
- Each company will select one representative to complete the required survey questions.
- Follow this link to the registration page.
- Have a credit card handy—the $200 registration fee includes discounted access to your personalized report upon release in 2023.
- Once your account is created, you may begin answering survey questions.