Pledge to Become an Ambassador
JAG Formula for Success
JAG has a 35-year track record of assisting more than one million of the nation’s highest-risk young people across 1,000 communities in 32 states, with consistent and convincing results one year after leaving school.
JAG does this by delivering its 37-competency national employability skills curriculum in the classroom with career specialists who help students to master the skills necessary to both do well and excel on the job. Specialists continue engaging JAG students for a full 12 months after graduation to support students’ success on the job, in college, or a combination of both.
Results for the Class of 2015 (across the JAG national network)
- Graduation rate was 94%—Exceeding JAG’s national performance goal of 90%
- Positive outcomes rate was 82%—working, in college, or a combination of both
- Job placement rate was 61%—Reaching the highest level in 20 years
- Full-time jobs rate was 73%—Reaching the highest level in 20 years
- Higher education rate was 43%
- Full-time placement rate was 89%—combination of work or college alone or together equals a 40-hour weekly commitment of time
Results are consistent with those of the previous three decades. Learn more about JAG.
Richard Wahlquist of ASA and Ken Smith of JAG discuss their organizations’ partnership, the good work of JAG, and why ASA members should get involved.
Get Involved: Make a Difference
There are plenty of ways for your company to get involved with JAG—and offer hands-on assistance to at-risk students in your local area. Here are just a few ideas on how to contribute:
- Classroom visits to share professional experiences
- Job readiness coaching (e.g., dressing for success, business etiquette skills)
- Mock interviews
- Résumé reviews
- Job shadowing
- Presentations on staffing as a career, and the staffing industry as a source of jobs
- Company office tours
- Judging local JAG student competitions (e.g., public speaking contests)
- Hiring partnerships
- School supply donations
- Financial donations
JAG is composed of 32 state organizations that support more than 1,000 program affiliates or classrooms.
View list of locations »
Get Social About ASA Cares
During ASA Cares Month in February, use the hashtag #ASACares in any JAG-related posts on Twitter and Instagram. On Twitter, also make sure to tag your posts with @JAGNational.
—Nicole Bieker, CSP, vice president, operations, Milliner & Associates