Effective as of April 2016
- Information We Collect.
- Technical Information Gathered Automatically: When you browse our Website, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to the Website and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: On various pages of the Website, you may have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. You may provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message through the Website. In addition, requests to join our mailing list(s) or receive information or materials from ASA will involve the collection of your email address or postal address.
- How We Use Your Information. Parts of the Website are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, chats, programs, or events; register; or request information from ASA, you are able to browse the Website without providing any PII, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, ASA sets forth more detail on how ASA uses your PII.
- Personal and Contact Information: ASA may use your personal and contact information to operate the Website and, in particular, facilitate the education, community, and networking capabilities of the Website; advertise its services or the goods and services of its members and third parties; create a personalized experience for you; provide you with news and information; and get in touch with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the Website, material changes in the Website’s policies and agreements, and new products, tools, or services ASA may offer. ASA may also share your contact information with ASA’s members, service providers, or business partners, as is necessary to provide ASA’s services and information; for advertising purposes; and to host, operate, or facilitate transactions through the Website, including, without limitation, registration for membership, events, or for internal business purposes. In addition, ASA may supplement the PII collected from you with information from other sources, such as from business partners, in order to enhance ASA’s ability to provide or advertise its services or those of other entities or to otherwise tailor, manage, or operate the Website.
- Demographic Information: ASA may share demographic data on an aggregated basis—which will not identify any particular user—with ASA’s members, partners, and affiliates, and for advertising or other technical or business purposes.
- Survey Results: ASA may share survey results collected through the Website with its business partners, members, and affiliates, and/or the general public, the news media, and with the U.S. government and state governments—not only for business or marketing purposes or as may be required by law, but also to participate in government programs and initiatives.
- Technical Information: ASA will use PII to facilitate educational opportunities, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features, and for improving the Website’s performance, usability, and design. ASA may also use technical information to help diagnose problems with ASA’s servers, analyze Website usage trends, track user movements on the Website, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Website.
- Government and Legal Disclosures: We may disclose PII when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests, regulations, or legal proceedings. ASA may also disclose PII to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, or to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of ASA, ASA’s users, or others.How We Use Your Information. Parts of the Website are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, chats, programs, or events; register; or request information from ASA, you are able to browse the Website without providing any PII, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, ASA sets forth more detail on how ASA uses your PII.
- Children’s Privacy. ASA cares about the safety of children on the Website and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Website is suitable for a general audience, this Website is intended for use only by users who are over 13 years of age. Accordingly, ASA does not knowingly solicit PII from children under the age of 13 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through the Website to individuals above a certain age.
- Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., promotions) that is sponsored by or cobranded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a site activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
- Your Choices. We may use the PII we collect from you to provide requested information or materials or to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you may indicate this preference by following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of such communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Security. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect PII that you submit to us and that is under our control against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, or alteration. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Website. We make no warranty—express, implied, or otherwise—that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your PII.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at email@example.com.
- Contact Us. For any other information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.