How to Earn Continuing Education for Your ASA Credential
CE Requirements for Certification Renewal
To maintain your ASA professional credentials, certified individuals are required to
- Participate in 30 hours of approved CE every three years—at least six of the 30 must pertain to employment law
- Submit required renewal fee
Up to 12 of the required 30 CE hours may be earned by completing approved “passive” learning programs. Passive learning involves programs in which students have no real-time interaction with the instructor or other students (example: a recording of a once-live webinar).
The remaining 18 CE hours must be earned through “active” learning programs. Active learning involves real-time interaction with the instructor or other students (example: live workshop or webinar).
For the month of May only, all certification study materials, exams, packages, lapel pins, travel mugs and certificate frames are 30% off! Use promotion code CERTSPRING2018 in the ASA Store by May 31.
You must still submit your earned CE hours from any ASA On-Demand recordings and previous live webinars attended.
Fortunately, ASA goes to great efforts to keep members and all certified individuals informed and up-to-date. Here’s how you can further your knowledge and earn CE hours:
- Attend Staffing World®, the premier staffing industry conference; dozens of conference sessions qualify for active and legal CE hours.
- Attend the ASA Staffing Law Conference, the industry’s most important conference on staffing law; attendance fills the employment law continuing education requirement for renewing an ASA certification.
- Our ongoing staffing webinar series covers the latest trends as well as fundamental staffing concepts. ASA webinars qualify for active and legal CE hours.
- ASA’s resource library includes hundreds of on-demand recordings, including all of our past webinars and recorded sessions from Staffing World and the Staffing Law Conference. These qualify for passive or legal CE hours.
- ASA regional events and affiliated chapter events are an excellent way to stay on top of industry issues and to network, and many qualify for CE credit.
- Industry training provided by your staffing firm (excluding programs on company-specific operations) may qualify for CE credit.
- Programs presented by industry suppliers and ASA-approved CE providers may qualify for CE credit.
If you’re ASA-certified, continuing education is required in order to maintain and renew your credential.
If you’re not certified, you can still access ASA’s extensive staffing education resources and advance your professional development.
Search our full archive of webinars and recorded sessions by topic, job title and more.
See how many hours you’ve logged, check your renewal deadline, submit earned CE hours, and renew your certification.