Compliant Communication: Unsolicited Texts, Phone Calls, Faxes, and Emails
Attend this Webinar
Dec. 13, 2017 3–4 p.m. EST
Please Login to RegisterLogin
Who Should Attend
Workforce solutions professionals, staffing and recruiting specialists
The rules governing commercial emails, calls, text messages, and faxes are everchanging. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission issued a declaratory ruling on liability for calls and texts to cellphones with numbers that have been reassigned.
This webinar will address when communications with candidates regarding employment opportunities are governed by these rules, as well as the requirements for business communications with clients.
During this webinar, attendees will learn
- How the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) regulates calls and faxes
- How the Telemarketing Sales Rule (“TSR”) regulates calls
- How the Controlling the Assault of Nonsolicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (CAN-SPAM act) regulates commercial email messages
- What federal regulations apply to texting
- Which enforcement agencies monitor compliance with communication regulations
Daniel S. Blynn, partner, Venable LLP
Stephen R. Freeland, counsel, Venable LLP
This webinar qualifies for 1.0 legal hour of CE toward maintaining your ASA credential.