Staffing World, the American Staffing Association annual convention and expo, takes place Oct. 15–17 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It will feature a morning of targeted, intensive preconvention learning programs Tuesday, Oct. 15, designed to further personalize and enhance the attendee experience through opportunities to engage with peers who possess similar interests, to share best practices and strategies, and to learn actionable tips for future business and personal growth.
Attendees can choose among these Staffing World preconvention sessions:
- Growth Strategies for Staffing Companies up to $50 Million in Revenue
Industry thought leaders will direct the discussion on such topics as optimizing small-team productivity, setting financial goals and key performance indicators, scaling and growth strategies, client relations, and more. Attendees will learn how other companies made the transition from “emerging” to aggressive growth, as well as the traits and tactics that helped them succeed.
- Facilitator: Scott Wintrip, president and senior consultant, Wintrip Consulting Group
- Presenters: Brian Frydenlund, principal, Growth Mindset Group; Brittany Sakata, Esq., associate general counsel, ASA; Chris Taylor, chief executive officer, Actionable.co
- Discover New Revenue: Build or Expand a Direct Hire Business
Experts will share their strategies and techniques for building a direct hire business—finding candidates, capturing direct hire business from current clients, making placements, and more. Attendees will learn how to win in the fierce competition for top talent—even when that talent is fully employed and seemingly uninterested in making a change.
- Facilitator: John Ruffini, vice president, professional development HealthTrust Workforce Solutions
- Presenters:Diane Geller, Esq., partner, Fox Rothschild LLP; Mike Menzer, CSP, managing director, Rotator Staffing Services Inc.; Nick Schichtle vice president, national perm practices, Adecco Staffing; Tammi Heaton, Pridestaff chief operating officer; Matt Nagler, co-founder and managing partner, BANKW Staffing
- Advancing Women Leaders in the Staffing Industry
This session provides attendees with a rare opportunity to meet or reconnect with women leaders to expand their business networks while strengthening the voice and influence of women in staffing. Attendees will obtain expert advice and insights on a variety of topics, including career pathways, skills and confidence building, managing rising leaders, diversity and inclusion, and more. Attendees are also invited to an extended networking event later during the convention with a surprise special guest. Sponsored by Bullhorn, an ASA corporate partner.
- Presenters: Heather Foust-Cummings, Ph.D., senior vice president, research and consulting, Catalyst; Audrey Gallien, senior director, Catalyst; Kelly Boykin, senior vice president–global alliances, Aquent; Beth Delano, chief executive officer, Malone Workforce Solutions; Rhona Driggs, chief executive officer, Empresaria Group PLC; Michele McCauley, senior vice president of human resources and principal, Apex Systems; Leslie Vickrey, chief executive officer and founder ClearEdge Marketing
In addition to the preconvention sessions for women leaders, Staffing World will offer numerous opportunities for more tenured and up-and-coming women leaders to network and develop new professional relationships.
Learn more by visiting staffingworld.net. A variety of flexible registration options are available to accommodate any schedule or budget. Register by Sept. 13 to get the best rate available.
# # #
About the American Staffing Association
The American Staffing Association is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry. ASA and its state affiliates advance the interests of the industry across all sectors through advocacy, research, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical, and professional practices. For more information about ASA, visit americanstaffing.net.