ASA Cares LIVE Is Hands-On Attendee Event Integrating Social Responsibility Into Largest Staffing Convention and Expo in the World
The American Staffing Association announces that for the second year in a row, good corporate citizenship will be incorporated in the Staffing World® experience. ASA Cares LIVE will provide attendees the opportunity to participate in a variety of hands-on activities in support of organizations based in the convention’s host city of Las Vegas, and one national organization that provides services to the nation’s deployed troops, first responders, veterans, and their families.
Event: ASA Cares LIVE
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 1–2:30 p.m. Pacific time
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 9–11 a.m. Pacific time (Pawvana)
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 12:30–2 p.m. Pacific time
Location: Staffing World Expo Hall, Marquee Ballroom, MGM Grand Las Vegas, 4701 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89109
During ASA Cares LIVE, Staffing World attendees will be able to give back via four fun activities:
- Assembling hygiene kits for homeless individuals through the charity Nevada Homeless Alliance
- Creating school supply kits for underserved youth in the Las Vegas area through HELP of Southern Nevada and JAG–Nevada
- Creating paracord (parachute cord) “survivor” bracelets to be donated to the nation’s troops and first responders through the national organization Operation Gratitude
- Playing with dogs at the first-ever ASA Cares Pawvana for a donation to A Path for Paws, a Las Vegas-based animal rescue organization
In addition, and for the first time, ASA and Jobs for America’s Graduates‒Nevada are partnering on site at the convention to help prepare at-risk youth for their future roles in the workforce. More than 50 Las Vegas high school students will participate in mock interviews with volunteer staffing professionals, and the students will join in the ASA Cares LIVE activities to give back to their local community. Jobs for America’s Graduates is the national philanthropic partner of ASA.
ASA Cares LIVE is supported by Avionté, which has received multiple ASA Care Awards for outstanding social responsibility programs in the staffing industry.
To learn more about Staffing World 2019, visit staffingworld.net.
# # #
About the American Staffing Association
The American Staffing Association is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry. ASA and its state affiliates advance the interests of the industry across all sectors through advocacy, research, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical, and professional practices. For more information about ASA, visit americanstaffing.net.
Avionté is a leader in enterprise staffing and recruiting software solutions, offering innovative, end-to-end staffing solutions to more than 900 customers and 25,000 users throughout the U.S. and Canada. Avionté delivers a robust platform for clerical, light industrial, IT, and professional staffing firms to maximize profits and boost productivity. For more information about Avionté, visit avionte.com.