ASA Sensitivity Training Series, Part 5: Ageism and Racism in the Workplace
Among the forms of discrimination and harassment that employees may face are ageism and racism.
It is virtually impossible for people to ignore differences in others. The problem is that far too many people act on those differences. As a result, ageism and racism in the workplace may cause severe harm to employers and to all their employees.
Discrimination can be seen in recruitment, promotions, performance evaluations, compensation, and in how employees are treated by others. Yet many employees refrain from bringing discrimination to the attention of their employers out of fear of reprisal. During this webinar, learn about the steps employers can take to address discrimination and harassment due to age and race.
During this webinar, attendees will learn
- What an employee’s rights are under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Ways an employee’s rights may be violated under Title VII and the ADEA
- Steps that employers can take to address discrimination in hiring and promotion
- Steps that employers can take to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- How employers can create a culture of inclusivity
David Gabor, partner, the Wagner Law GroupSign in or become a member to access past webinars