The 2018 National Staffing Employee of the Year and his or her member company will be announced to ASA members, the public, and the news media during National Staffing Employee Week, Sept. 18–24, and will be recognized during an award ceremony at Staffing World 2017, Oct. 24-26, in Chicago.
ASA also recognizes finalists—if merited—in each industry sector: health care; industrial; office-clerical and administrative; professional-managerial; and engineering, information technology, and scientific.
See inspiring videos featuring the 2017 National Staffing Employee and All-Stars!
Nominations for 2019
Nominations for the 2018 National Staffing Employee of the Year are now closed. Want help in preparing your nomination(s) for 2019? Download the tips sheet.
Star Treatment for Your Staffing Star
Being selected as the ASA National Staffing Employee of the Year is a high honor. These are some of the benefits of winning:
- All-expense-paid, deluxe travel and hotel accommodations for Staffing World 2017, Oct. 24–26, in Chicago.
- Cover story in Staffing Success magazine
- Gift card valued at $5,000
- Recognition during National Staffing Employee Week via a news release, social media, ASA website, and ASA publications
- The ASA National Staffing Employee of the Year program is open to active ASA member companies and branches.
- Member firms are free to nominate more than one temporary or contract employee.
- To qualify for nomination, the temporary or contract employee must have worked through the member firm sometime since Aug. 1, 2016.
- The nominee must be able to travel to Staffing World 2017, Oct. 24-26, in Chicago, for a special award ceremony. It is strongly recommended that a representative from the nominator’s company also be available to travel to the conference.
- ASA must be able to disclose the name of the client company where your nominee works or worked in ASA publications, on the ASA website, and in other promotional materials, including a news release about the National Staffing Employee of the Year and a Staffing World cover story, and via social media. It is the responsibility of your company to gain permission from your client company to disclose its name. Please refrain from nominating an employee if you cannot guarantee that ASA can publish this information.
- Your firm must confirm that the nominee understands that he or she will serve as a “face” of the staffing industry, and will be required to participate in a photo and video shoot (in his or her hometown) for public relations purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
ASA is looking for a standout success story that can be shared with members and the public. To be strongly considered, the National Staffing Employee of the Year nominee must exemplify at least one of the industry's key messages of bridge and flexibility. Take a look at the ASA Staffing Facts sheet for a refresher on what these messages mean to the industry.
Any active ASA member company representative can nominate a current or former temporary or contract employee for the National Staffing Employee of the Year distinction. Please note that the employee you are nominating must have worked for your staffing company sometime since Aug. 1, 2016.
Yes! Feel free to nominate as many of your star temporary or contract employees as you see fit.
Here is what awaits the National Staffing Employee of the Year:
- Deluxe, all expenses paid travel and hotel accommodations for Staffing World 2016, Oct. 24–26, in Chicago
- A cover story in Staffing Success magazine and recognition in other ASA publications
- Gift card valued at $5,000
- Recognition during National Staffing Employee Week. The National Staffing Employee of the Year will be announced to the news media on the first day of that Week.
The ASA member company that nominates the next National Staffing Employee of the Year will also receive recognition in ASA publications and at Staffing World.
You can learn more about previous National Staffing Employees of the Year by reading their cover stories in Staffing Success magazine (requires ASA username and password for access). Their stories should give you a good sense of what ASA is looking for in a future National Staffing Employee of the Year.
Yes. The National Staffing Employee of the Year must be able to travel to Staffing World 2017 to be recognized during a special recognition ceremony. It is also strongly recommended that a representative from your company be present at the conference.
No. The National Staffing Employee of the Year program is only open to current or former temporary and contract employees.
You can send any National Staffing Employee of the Year-related questions to NSEY@americanstaffing.net or call 703-253-2020 and ask to speak with a member of the ASA public relations team.
Submit your nomination form(s) no later than Aug. 1. An ASA representative will reach out to you, if your outstanding temporary or contract employee is selected as the next National Staffing Employee of the Year or an industry sector All-Star.