ASA Statement of Purpose
The purposes of the American Staffing Association are to represent and promote the interests of its members across the full range of staffing or other employment-related services they provide as those services are defined by the board of directors; to promote for the industry a free enterprise environment through effective legal and public affairs advocacy; to encourage ethical business conduct; to provide information regarding the laws and regulations that apply to staffing or other employment-related services, especially those protecting the welfare of employees; to foster better public understanding of the industry and its role in the economy; and to provide education and other services to help members stay informed about the industry and their business.
To achieve these ends, ASA will
- Promote and protect the interests of the industry and its employees before federal, state, and local governments
- Promote the industry through effective programs of public communication
- Maintain programs of recruitment and retention to ensure continued membership growth and representation of all segments of the industry
- Maintain an effective nationwide chapter network
- Provide educational and other programs to inform members about industry issues and matters of common concern
- Educate members on their ongoing obligation to protect the welfare of their employees
- Promote high ethical standards of conduct regarding employees, customers, and the public
- Encourage cooperation with other organizations to advance the purposes of ASA
- Develop industry-related information for the benefit of its members and to support its legal and public affairs activities
ASA members can view the bylaws here.