Using H-1B Visas to Hire Professionals
The H-1B visa program is commonly used by staffing companies with human resource requirements that cannot be met through the domestic workforce. The visa—intended for professionals who operate within “specialty occupations”—is the primary means for U.S. companies to hire foreign professionals to work temporarily in the U.S.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has made acquiring H-1B visas more difficult, particularly for prospective employees of staffing companies. In this ASA webinar, attorney Akshat Tewary will describe the H-1B visa, highlight the challenges that staffing firms face during H-1B adjudications, and identify strategies to overcome these challenges.
During this webinar, attendees will learn
- What an H-1B visa is, and who qualifies
- What the process is for a staffing firm to sponsor an employee with an H-1B visa
- What the compliance requirements are for an H-1B visa sponsor
- How staffing firms can satisfy USCIS’s concerns about employer control in staffing arrangements
- How to address requests for evidence or denials.
Akshat Tewary, attorney, Law Offices of Kamlesh Tewary PCSign in or become a member to access past webinars