Disability inclusion works best when an organization's leaders champion it across the company. However, everyone in a workplace needs disability knowledge to do their part. Here are some valuable resources in this area:
- This training from JAN provides advice to get started with disability inclusion.
- This CEO Start Guide from Disability: IN can help you create a disability-inclusive culture.
- EARN’s Inclusion@Work Framework provides seven core components for building a disability inclusive organization.
Everyone has a role to play in creating a disability-inclusive workplace. Creating disability inclusion starts with leaders like executives and board members. There are many different things that leaders can do—from statements to initiatives to new policies.
- This microcourse from EARN, Leading the Way: Inclusive Business Culture, will teach you about the different components of disability-inclusive workplace culture.
- EARN’s Expressing a Commitment to Disability Inclusion includes strategies that can help your workplace get started.