Accessible technology is essential for any inclusive workplace. However, many current systems and practices are not accessible. This barrier makes it harder for people with disabilities to do their jobs. To avoid this problem, organizations can
- Make sure that all information technology staff are familiar with digital accessibility
- Check that their websites and digital platforms are accessible
- Train all staff in accessible digital communication practices
- Adopt a policy for feedback on digital accessibility with a standard process to address problems
- Require accessible products from all contractors
This Digital Accessibility Basics tool kit from PEAT provides a detailed primer on technology access.
You can learn more about digital accessibility from this EARN learning guide.